I am so thrilled! Me and Baby E has been nominated for its first award, the Liebster Award. This is an award given to small blogs by other bloggers, as a shout out for the content of the blog.
I started Me and Baby E to share what we were up to with friends and family, and decided in February (about a year after I wrote my first post) to take it to another level. I began using Me and Baby E as a platform to share my knowledge of early childhood, family organization, beauty and style. My goal is to share my little bits of know how with women from all over and from all walks of life, that they might find and then take a few more minutes for themselves each day, while also learning how easy it can be to look and feel their best. It’s for this reason that the nomination from Don’t Lick Your Sister is all the more meaningful, as her nomination was based on the tips and ideas I share here on Me and Baby E, and I’m just tickled pink!
Me and Baby E has come a long way since February and I can’t wait to take it even further. Thanks for coming along dear readers!
Thanks again to Julie, and now to answer her 11 questions for the nomination and onto my nominations for the award…
1. Favorite flavor of ice cream? Hands down Chubby Hubby by Ben & Jerry’s. Salty, sweet, chocolate and peanut butter all swirled together in vanilla ice cream. Yummmmm.
2. Last movie you saw in the theater? Oh boy…that would be before we had Baby E, so….no idea.
3. Your least favorite household chore. Folding laundry. I’ve already washed it and put it in the dryer. Now I have to fold it???
4. Favorite Olympic sport? Figure Skating. I was a figure skater as a child and young adult, and worked as a skating coach after college with young children. Very big place in my heart for it!
5. Prefer water skiing or snow skiing? Snow, though I’m not very good at it!
6. Which is better – an indoor or outdoor fire? Definitely outdoor. Nothing like a cool Summer night with drink in hand by a fire.
7. What is your favorite blog post YOU have ever written? How To Rock Over The Knee Boots and Animal Print. I love this post as it visually encompasses my view of myself in motherhood: Never forget to take yourself along for the ride.
8. Favorite holiday? Memorial Day Weekend. Honoring those who have served our country, while welcoming back Summer!
9. What is your favorite children’s book? The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown
10. What makes a perfect date night? Spending time together, unencumbered by smartphones and computers, with good food and good wine. Preferably out of the house, but at home works in a pinch 😉
11. Favorite outside of the home activity to do with your kid(s)? The beach! It has it all: sensory, play, exercise, nature, new experiences every visit, family time, and it leads to awesome nap times and restful nights 🙂
Here are my nominations for the Liebster award:
And my questions….
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
2. Are you a cold weather or warm weather fan?
3. What is your favorite feature and why?
4. Favorite dish.
5. It’s an open bar, what’s your poison?
6. For clothing and accessories, on-trend, or comfortable on? Which takes precedence?
7. If you could up and go to any place in the world, where would you choose?
8. What has been your favorite post on your blog so far and why?
9. What inspires your content?
10. Early bird or night owl?
11. Frosting, cake, or both?
And the rules for nominees are….(based on the rules from Julie)….
- Thank and link back to the blogger that nominated you
- Answer their 11 questions in your post
- Pick 5 – 11 blogs with less than 200 followers on Bloglovin’ to nominate -or- blogs with less than 1000 followers.
- Think of 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer
- Tag your nominees and comment on one of their posts to let them know!
xoxoxo – Olivia