1. There is One Thing in This Life That is Guaranteed: You will have a big butt. It’s your genetics. Own it, tone it, love it.
2. Nothing Makes a Woman More Beautiful Than Her Confidence in Herself: Not her size, her makeup, her skin tone, or the cost of her outfit and accessories. It’s her confidence in herself.
3. Confidence is Made, Not Given: Take risks, live outside of your comfort zone, and do what is right, not what is easy. This, and this alone will make you a confident woman.
4. Be Unoffendable: People will hate you. They will scorn you and mock you. And when they do, you’ll know you’re onto something. Keep it up. Don’t give them the fight they want, move on in peace with faith in yourself and the vision you have for your life.
5. Food Will Never Fill an Emotional Void. Only Healing Will: If you’re hurting emotionally, don’t be too proud to seek the help you need. Food, and drink alike, will never fill that void. They’ll only make it worse.
6. Your Clothing Size Does Not Determine Your Worth: Maybe you won’t be a size two. Maybe you will. Whatever size you are, OWN IT. See #2.
7. Follow Your Arrow and Do What You Love: Don’t allow preconceived notions of “the right path” to keep you from where you know you belong. I have complete faith that you will succeed in whatever you choose to do. As should you.
8. Your Family is Your Backbone: Your aunts, uncles, cousins, hell even distant cousins, these people will inevitably have a large impact on and in your life. They will be there when things go bad, which they will. This is life. Build these relationships, now and always.
9. Life Will be Hard: And it will. You will grieve and you will be heartbroken. But you will always persevere. Know that and thrive.
10. I Love You, Always: And Forever. And Always Will. It doesn’t matter what you do, what size you wear, what you eat, what career you choose (or don’t choose) or who you marry (or don’t marry). I love you and I will always have faith in you.
You come from a long line of strong women. You, like them, will persevere no matter what life brings. You will succeed and you will overcome obstacles you never imagined you could along the way. I have faith in you.